Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Wilma’s Story

Break Wrong Agreements & Be Delivered
Wilma’s story

During the teaching about demons and agreements, my mind went back to when my husband Don was sick (nearly 8 1/2 years ago!) and how people prayed for him and he died anyway. My statement then was that my faith "was shaken." I still had some faith, but not like it was before. Little did I realize that the demons found a way to get "in" and have been working on my faith level ever since! I told someone once that I didn't have much faith and then went on to explain that there was no doubt God COULD do anything, I just wasn't sure if He WOULD. I really identified with the guy in the Bible who said, "I believe. Help my unbelief." This was brought out to me more when at Young At Heart group they asked for people with "faith for healing" to pray for someone. Well, my immediate thought was "I don't have any faith" so I didn't pray.

The other little agreement I unconsciously made with the devil was this: when Don died, Mother said one of the hardest things for her when my Daddy died was that she wasn't #1 in anyone's life anymore. So, I'm not #1 in anyone's life anymore - and haven't been for 8 1/2 years. You sort of take that for granted until it's not there anymore. You get used to someone "having your back" - no matter what. Now I feel vulnerable.

I also give thanks for the prayer last night for Gloria, Frances and me - that God is our Father and our Husband. He is all we need. I am #1 in His life! "My picture is on His refrigerator!" Isn't it incredible to think that each one of us is #1 in His life and that doesn't diminish our unique status one little bit!? Only God could do that. Hallelujah!

Today when I was praying at home, I felt the spirit of "faithlessness" leave - three big sighs - and then later the spirit of "loneliness" left - with some coughing. Then I asked the Holy Spirit to come in and fill all the empty places and spaces and I felt God told me the Holy Spirit was "moving in, sweeping out and taking over"! What a day this has been and what a difference I think it will make in my life!

Thank you for making me think, and thank you, Father, Son & Holy Spirit for bringing these things to my mind! Amen. The Creator of time and space, the Creator of the Universe knows me by name and loves me! And, in reverence and awe and thanksgiving, I bow before Him.

-Wilma

No comments:

Post a Comment