Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Affirmation, Gratitude, Esteem create
a
Godly Culture of Honor


Intern Melissa Camenisch’s thank you to CLC on Graduation Sunday August 7, 2011


There are so many things I could say to you about these last two years, but I felt like the Lord wanted me to thank you and affirm you all for what you have done for me this year. One because I am just so grateful for you and two because of what PD was talking about last week, creating a culture of honor. He said “when we honor one another God is honored, the atmosphere around us changes and His Kingdom comes.”

I want to thank you all for making me feel so loved and welcomed. I remember when I first moved here two years ago being very skeptical and unsure of what it would be like to attend a different church than the one I had been in my whole life. And I remember those first few months here I was really moved and touched with the openness and love you had for me as an individual; however, not only for me but for each other and the community around you.

I have learned so much while being here with you all. You all have taught me a lot about how important it is for us as the church to get outside of the building and reach out to the people around us. Thank you all for helping me be able to go to a whole different level of learning what it means to be a sister, daughter and granddaughter because you all treated me as such.


You loved me and fed me. You prayed for me and encouraged me. You hugged me and cared for me. You teased me and laughed with me (and you know how much I love to laugh). I enjoyed every minute of it.


I am so happy and excited to be going home, but you must know that I am not going back the way I came and a lot of the reason is because of you all. You are some of the most loving and precious people I know. I will miss you all. And I will never forget your kindness to me, and your Christ like example to me-the way you give and give and don’t expect anything in return. You lay your lives down daily for others. I know this because I myself am a recipient of your lives.

Melissa is a member of Covenant Church in Winchester, KY. Her parents attended our church school many years ago and sometimes came over to Richard McAfee’s parents’ house to clean it for them – the very same house which Melissa often helped clean during the past two years while living with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment