Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

“So what?”

Reformers: We’ve learned that God has some traits we can’t have and other traits He imparts to us. This week our focus is “What should we be like?”
Another week we learn what should the world should like (God’s form to reflect His image).

Wednesday night, after watching a video of Patti Amsden teach chapter 1 from her book, I asked the youth and young adult Reformers Group this question: “So what?” OK, so there are things we cannot share with God but also traits He desires us to share with him in order to bear his likeness and image. What difference does that make to me? They shared the following:

“I can praise Him more.” “I can better represent him to others.” “I'm overwhelmed with Him and don't know how to express how I feel.” “I just want to swallow, digest, receive more of Him.” “It makes me know I'm never alone. No one is alone because God is always present.” “Everything is inter-related like “the butterfly effect” (a butterfly’s wings affects wind currents far away especially as combined with other effects). So I realized that everything matters and everything has a purpose. Therefore I will see and treat others differently because they matter.” “I can trust him. He never changes. He's always good and I can have more faith in God because his word is true.”


A Good Worldview begins with good thoughts about God - theology Matters! Once we answer questions like how things began and why we here we can apply a good theology to what we should be like and do. Then we apply good “God-thoughts” to what the world should be like. The result will be a clearer idea of what went wrong and what God wants us to do about it—be reformers!

God is not willing that any should perish. 2 Pet 3:9. God wants all men to be saved. 1 Timothy 2:4. The shepherd sought lost sheep; the woman sought the lost coin; the Father welcomed his lost son (Luke 15) all shared in great JOY. Those who go forth bearing precious seed shall come again rejoicing bringing their sheaves with them. (Ps 126)

-PD

No comments:

Post a Comment