Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

HE IS RISEN!




HE IS RISEN!



By Dwight Cunkle



When Jesus shared breakfast with Peter He was teaching us that Resurrection is less about what we can do for God; it is more about being with Jesus, and responding to the Father, and being more aware of our union in Holy Spirit with him because He loves us so.

PAYG Remember that after Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, his sister Mary anointed Jesus’ feet with oil worth an entire year’s wages. Rereading the passage (John 12:1-11) reminds me of first time through the Ignatius retreat, when we were asked to prepare some gift as expression of our love to give Christ. So, I wrote the song, “You thought of Me.” In my weakness, limited time, emotional and mentally drained state, what can I give You as an offering? Make a cross? Write a poem? You give all to us, and all good things we receive are gifts of your grace, so what can we offer back to you as token of our love?

Last Sunday service there was a beautiful moment of surrender when many in the congregation held out there hands, palms up, desiring Jesus more than anything. It came in response to Jeffrey’s word of loving him instead of self-centered and self-serving love. Then we confessed sins and received the body and blood of Christ together. Since it was Palm Sunday my message told the story of Scriptures fulfilled, to the very day of Christ being proclaimed as Messiah and his triumphal entry.

Perhaps one of our "gifts" to Christ in this season is to both receive the love for which we are asking and believe that as we are seeking and knocking on the door of His heart, we truly are finding his heart - especially regarding the building the revitalization of this congregation in his love.

Immediately after the meeting Richard shared prophetic words which he received during my message which confirmed what I also had received from the Lord - that our sowing was not and is not in vain, whether we are the ones who reap or someone else does, but God’s word will accomplish his purpose and bring fruit as we seek Him and his will.

As we think on Resurrection and a renewal of our “First Love” relationship with Jesus I remember the Christmas poem by Christina Rosetti, “In the bleak Mid-winter."

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him
Nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away
When He comes to reign:
In the bleak mid-winter
A stable-place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty,
Jesus Christ.


What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part,
Yet what I can I give Him,
Give my heart.


Grace and peace to you in the power and love of Jesus, the Risen Lamb of God, who reigns over all.



No comments:

Post a Comment