Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Are You Satisfied?

Are You Satisfied?


By Sandra Tovar


I have been dealing with a strong feeling of being unsettled lately. This feeling has lasted for months. At first I thought it was because of work where we were going through a change in ownership.  Fear of not meeting  expections-- I was right but wrong at the same time. It only lasted a short while until I began to feel comfortable again with my job and extremely unfulfilled. At the same time I began looking at my relationship and blaming my unsettled feelings on the lack of time my husband and I were able to spend together. Once again we made efforts to have more date nights and make time for us with and without the kids but that sense of fulfillment was short lived. I began to feel guilt for feeling like the blessing of my job and the commitment from a great man and the love of my children were not enough for me.


So what is it? Why wasn't I satisfied? The only other thing I could think to find the answer was to search the Word of God. That has always worked for me in the past. That’s what I did. I pulled out my bible and began reading with no real direction where to start. So I stopped and prayed  and then I searched a few key words online and started to get a little more direction.  And there is was so crystal clear.

Matthew 5:6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.”

It was the love of God and the connection to God that was missing in my life. I was thirsty but drinking from a fountain where I could never be completely fulfilled. It was God that I needed to seek after to settle my spirit and to make me feel complete. The connection to my purpose given by Him is what has been missing. A lot of the time we become restless in our spirit at the moment when God is about to start something new in us.


As a kid have you ever been anxious and not able to sleep because the next day is your birthday and you know you are going to get some new things maybe even some stuff you have been asking for. You try not to think about it but nothing you do settles your mind. Well I equate that to the feeling of restlessness in my spirit. I believe that God speaks to my spirit and the spirit in me knows that He has plans for us so nothing at the moment is satisfying. What do you do when you begin feeling like this?

First you pray and ask God for direction and for clear understanding of what you need to do.Then you study and meditate on His Word and maintain fellowship with other believers.Be obedient and live in your purpose.

That’s it. The bottom line is if you are not seeking God first in all that you do you will begin to feel unfulfilled, empty, restless, hopeless, etc… You have to maintain fellowship with God and always live your life based on the purpose and calling He has for you. The gifts He has given you must be put to use and you have to make time daily for His Word and for Prayer. Without them you lose that connection and that joy that you feel when you are close to Him and your blessing begin to feel like burdens. A strong connection with God will bring back the joy in all that you do and all that you have.


John 15:11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you and that your joy may be full.”

No comments:

Post a Comment