Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Meditation for Week 3: February 22-28




Continue to meditate on union with God - one mind - one spirit - one heart – one in loving action

Are we thinking, speaking and acting in union with Him who finds joy in another’s progress in change rather than criticizing, comparing or even causing discouragement or stumbling to those weak in faith or who are hurting? He is MERCY and LOVE. Find our union with Him and we will love one another into wholeness.

In Matthew 12:2-25 Jesus quoted this passage:
Isaiah 42 1 Behold my Servant, Whom I uphold, My chosen in Whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice and right and reveal truth to the nations. He will not cry or shout aloud or cause His voice to be heard in the street.
A bruised reed He will not break, and a dimly burning wick He will not quench; He will bring forth justice in truth.
He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.
Thus says God the Lord—He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles], To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.

What stands out to you above in Isaiah and Matthew?

In our small group Wednesday night we did what this week’s meditation instructed and sat in silence long enough to hear some impression from God and share it. They heard and shared the following: “Heard the sound of a river-living water,” Heard the phrase, “Bathing in my love,” Heard the commands, “Be One,” “Be thankful for what is now.” 


We talked about how praying in the spirit is a huge help to grow in awareness of our union with God. What thinking do I need to change so I will pray in tongues more?
We talked about how to discern whether what I hear or feel is a good spirit or a bad spirit (how to line up the buoys of inner peace, the Scripture, spiritual authority, unity, confirmation, circumstances, spiritual gifts, and contrasting what the devil might say to me with what Holy Spirit would say - spiritual warfare). 

Our unity in CLC by doing these meditations together:
We also talked about not trying to read too much Scripture or books during Lent but use the weekly meditation guides our pastor gives us both individually and in our small groups. This way we as a church will be more unified. And we will keep our focus mostly on being with God and becoming more aware of Him throughout the day, than so many of us reading and going in many different directions.

By growing in awareness of our union together with Him each morning I can become more sensitive to how He is at work all day long (Practice the Presence)

Write a few notes about my “plan” for Lent…Example:
1. Will I pray morning and evening?
2. How many days a week will I meditate in the group assigned Scriptures and questions?
3. Will I fast or sacrifice something (like eating smaller and simpler for Breakfast and lunch on Friday and Monday, or give up Facebook or TV…)
4. In which small group will I participate?
5. Who meet with for coaching/accountability?
6. In what way will I share with the poor or work for the oppressed (Isaiah 58)
7. What sinful tendencies do I want to exchange for holy habits (impatience for slowing down, negative words/speech for encouragement, blame for confession, etc).

-PD


 

No comments:

Post a Comment