Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

2010 in Review
By Richard Lineberry

As we draw to the end of a year that the Lord has designated as a “Year of Proper Planting,” it might be good to see what changes He has brought in us.
When Ronald Reagan was campaigning against Jimmy Carter, he asked people, “How is your life better than it was four years ago?” Obviously, he was wanting to draw attention to him having a better plan if he was elected.
So, my question is, “Is your spiritual life any better than it was at the end of 2009?” Have you learned anything about planting seeds? Have you seen any results? What adjustments did the Holy Spirit make in your life?”
I think, in review, “proper planting” refers to a variety of things. I made a special attempt to adjust my own prayer life. It’s easy for prayer to become a routine rather than a high point of life. I realized again that prayer must accompany FAITH that you really believe God is going to act in the things you are talking to Him about.
Proper time adjustment for us is always good to consider. What am I doing that is most profitable for His kingdom and where am I wasting time? Am I spending time with God as well as investing time in those that I can help? If not, I probably am spending too much idle time somewhere else.
Finances, of course, is that subject we don’t like to mention too much, but it certainly fits all of the sowing/reaping rules. How are we doing? God wants to increase us in every facet of life but we must sow regularly for Him to have something to work with. To neglect this area of following Christ would be like a farmer wondering why he didn’t have a harvest when he hadn’t planted any seed.
My prayer for us is that God will continue to guide us in proper planting of everything He has blessed us with: Our time, gifts, finances and ability to serve His people. May the Lord give us wisdom and increase our resources in 2011 to do the work of the ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment