Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Jesus had a “prayer vault”

Jesus focused and spent time in Father’s presence. I’m convinced that even as he grew up, then in the 40 days of wilderness, then in the early mornings and in the night, Jesus stored up hours upon hours of knowing Father, his Word and Holy Spirit. It was like creating a giant safe in heaven, full of God’s faith and love. When he encountered storms, demoniacs, thousands of hungry people, sick and distressed multitudes, cold religious leaders, unbelief in his closest followers, and ultimately the cross, He could open that vault and release heaven on earth.

How full is my prayer and intimacy vault? Tending my garden begins in my will—to choose Christ. Tending begins in my mind—to learn how Christ thinks and tear down my own strongholds. Tending begins with the practice of spiritual disciplines until I delight in Christ and share His own conviction and passion

This week I was convicted that just the daily discipline of morning prayer was not going to be fruitful without my heart truly seeking His. His grace convicts me to lift my voice in thanks praise and not just read over names of lost or unchurched people but to feel his heart and cry out in faith that He will save them and they will bring him glory.

Lord convince and convict us to fill our heavenly prayer vault and to repent not just to be forgiven sins but all the way to minds being renewed until we are releasing heaven on earth.

Gen 1:27-28 God created them. And God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth... Gen 2:8,15 And the LORD God planted a garden in and put man in it to tend and guard and keep it.

Faith, belief-to live by-Greek word PISTIS-Vine’s dictionary specifies three aspects of faith: Conviction focuses us. We ask God’s grace to both convince us with all certainty of God’s unconditional love and convict us of ways we reject or transgress his love. Concentration makes us faithful: We ask Christ to bring us nearer together in Christ, His Word, His Spirit, and His Body. Psalm 1 meditation renews our minds in Christ. The practice of spiritual disciplines like contemplation bring us deeper. Consecration which will bring fruitfulness. I ask God for the grace to consecrate my time, my treasure, my talents, my relationships. Grace and peace to you. ~PD

No comments:

Post a Comment