Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

From Rebecca Petrie's Journal


God of Covenant, we ask for greater awareness of the daily grace you 
bring to us—especially in suffering and in the mysteries of daily life.


From Rebecca Petrie’s journal on the tenth anniversary of 
her accident becoming a paraplegic, Oct 6, 2001
In Paul's own weakness he cried out to the Lord, the Lord said, "My grace is sufficient... My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor 12:9). I wonder if I have allowed His strength to be made perfect in me. I don't really think so, but I leave that with Father. I don't think I really know what it means. At times I get a glimmer and then it fades. I do understand though that His grace is the under-girding of His Person enabling me when there is nothing I have to give. 
In my Bible, the commentary on chapter 12:9 says this, "God's grace becomes His enablement or empowerment to achieve His plan, endure hardship, or access Him".  
In our need "God gives us grace, the supernatural ability or miraculous facility to sustain, endure, or maintain our call. If there is strength out of this weakness it is surely a work of His grace.      
Father, I pray that today You would enable me to access Your grace to allow You to be Yourself in me, and love through me. 
I can respond to grace    
Are you aware today of weakness, are you in pain, are you lonely? Run to Him, oh, run to Him! Sometimes we are tempted to be angry with the very One who loves  us and will turn our pain and weakness into His strength and purpose.

This week is Thanksgiving. Give thanks and pray for our   nation—for a great awakening resulting in us rising up in courage and love and God’s power as REFORMERS.

Next Sunday is the First Sunday of Advent (the four weeks of reverent worship of Jesus, The Word made flesh to dwell among us.


God reveals himself and restores us through covenant:

T       Worship God who is Transcendent (above all)
H      Follow Christ and his representative-Heirarchy
E       Build fellowship-Ethics-love one another  
O      Be good stewards-Oaths-agree with God’s consequences
S       Join him in Co-Mission-Succession for the future


-PD





No comments:

Post a Comment