Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

God Is (T.H.E.O.S)... 
I Am (W.D.F.S.M.)...
 


 
Last Sunday I reviewed five values I believe in and we teach from God’s Word. Today I match them with the five aspects of living the covenant life, from chapter 4 in the Reformers Creed book.

    

T             God is transcendent (other, beyond, above like the top of the capital letter “T” -I am
                   a  worshipper  whom God  seeks.      (Jn 4:23-24)
H           God is re-presented delegated hierarchy. I am Christ's disciple so I can be 
                  discipled by another person and disciple others (Jn 8:31-32).
E            God shows his love giving us ethics  - I am  growing in love and the fellowship of
                  covenant relationships  by my obedience to God (Acts 2:42-46 and 1 Cor 13 “Love) 
          God gives us his solemn oath of blessing and curses in covenant and I agree to His
                   terms-I am stewarding all I am and all I have been given for Christ (1Pet4:11).
S             God continues relationship and builds His kingdom through succession of
                   generational transfer, winning the lost and making discisples.  I am on co-mission  
                   with Christ for his kingdom and for the gospel (Mt28:18-19).

 
There is a progression from W   -->   D   -->   F   -->    S   -->    M  ...

Seeing God as He is, how could I not believe and worship? 

Seeing and believing and worshipping God, how could I not take up my own cross and follow him to be his disciple? 

Seeing, believing, worshipping and following God, how could I not love others, seeking their good and desiring fellowship and covenant with them?

Seeing, believing, worshipping, following and fellowshipping God with you, how could I not serve and minister to and with you (stewardship) using everything He has given to Me for His glory and joy? 

Seeing, believing, worshipping, following, fellowshipping and stewarding for God, how could we not go on co-mission with Him? How could we not want others to know Him and the good news of his kingdom? How could we not pray for them by name and nation, and invite them and befriend them and believe for them to belong and become re-formed with us and together participate With Christ in the re-forming of the earth in his image?

-PD


No comments:

Post a Comment