Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, LORD, GOD, ALMIGHTY How is my relationship with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (listening and responding)? (PART ONE)




HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, LORD, GOD, ALMIGHTY
How is my relationship with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit 
(listening and responding)?
(PART ONE)





By Dwight Cunkle


Last Sunday I asked how well we relate to all three persons of the Trinity. Is anything hindering our fellowship and intimacy and prayer with them? Is anything hindering us from asking for the gifts God gives us to minister to  one another in love as members of one another in the church, his body, and to people in the world as witness to God’s love and power to save them?

Try placing your hand on your heart or opening them to the Lord as you pray: 
Holy Spirit, Comforter, Teacher, Spirit of the Father, You who have brought Jesus and the Father to dwell in me...
I gently turn inward (he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.... We have received the Spirit...I am filled with Holy Spirit....
I ask Holy Spirit that You help me come to Jesus - open the eyes of my heart to go deeper with you into this union with Christ... Cause the glory of God to shine in my heart in the face of Jesus...

Jesus You are the only mediator between man and God. Whoever sees you sees the Father. Show me the Father. My Lord, My Savior. I was born in sin and lived full of sin and only by your grace am I saved because You are the Friend of sinners. You are my friend so I ask You, with Holy Spirit, to help me experience intimacies with the Father with You.

We have access to the Father through the Son by the Spirit, so, God You are my Father, and in your Son I am also your son/daughter, because I am joined in the same Spirit.

Father, Son the Living Word, Holy Spirit my Counselor, what hinders me, what offends You...

How are You pleased with me?

How do you think of me and what would you say to me?

Glory be to the Father, the Son and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment